To protect your personal information, we take all reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Our store is hosted on Magento, Inc. (hereafter “Magento”). Magento provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Magento’s data storage, databases and the general Magento application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Magento stores your credit card data. Your credit card details are encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
Magento Secure Payment Bridge assists merchants in meeting PCI compliance with this secure payment application. Implementing Payment Bridge with Magento Enterprise Edition saves online merchants money and time when it comes to complying with PCI requirements.
Magento Secure Payment Bridge is PA-DSS certified by our Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) Trustwave.
Magento makes PCI compliance easier by separating the Magento Secure Payment Bridge application from the eCommerce platform.
There are two important benefits of this design:
- Only the actual payment application has to be certified and compliant – rather than the entire platform.
- Magento Enterprise can be upgraded and customized without affecting the overall PA-DSS compliance provided by Secure Payment Bridge.
The PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) was created by the major credit card companies to ensure the adoption of consistent security measures by all merchants.
If a software application stores, transmits or processes sensitive cardholder data the application must be PA-DSS compliant.
- Requires all payment applications be certified by an approved Payment Application-Qualified Security Assessor (PA-QSA), such as Trustwave.
- PA-QSAs are third-party security auditors, certified by the PCI-Security Standards Council (PCI-SCC) to verify that payment applications meet specified security standards.
- PA-DSS payment applications must be implemented in a PCI DSS compliant environment.
Impact of Non-Compliance
- All payment applications must be PA-DSS compliant by July 1, 2010.
- Non-compliance can mean risk of audits or fines or possibly that credit card companies will remove the ability for a merchant to process payments entirely
PCI DSS Standard Requirements
The 12 PCI DSS Standard Requirements broken down into 6 groups:
- Build and Maintain a Secure Network
- REQUIREMENT 1: Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data
- REQUIREMENT 2: Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters
- Protect Cardholder Data
- REQUIREMENT 3: Protect stored cardholder data
- REQUIREMENT 4: Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks
- Maintain a Vulnerability Management Program
- REQUIREMENT 5: Use and regularly update anti-virus software
- REQUIREMENT 6: Develop and maintain secure systems and applications
- Implement Strong Access Control Measures
- REQUIREMENT 7: Restrict access to cardholder data by business need-to-know
- REQUIREMENT 8: Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access
- REQUIREMENT 9: Restrict physical access to cardholder data
- Regularly Monitor and Test Networks
- REQUIREMENT 10: Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data
- REQUIREMENT 11: Regularly test security systems and processes
- Maintain an Information Security Policy
- REQUIREMENT 12: Maintain a policy that addresses information security
It is important to note that while Magento Secure Payment Bridge is a PA-DSS compliant application, it must be implemented in a PCI DSS compliant environment.
For more information on PCI Compliance please visit the PCI SECURITY STANDARDS COUNCIL WEBSITE
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any further questions, or simply want more information contact our Customer Service Department on 1 (805) 529-5682 or email email@example.com or by mail at: Lizard Lick Lighting, 3835R E. Thousand Oaks Blvd. #273, Westlake Village, CA 91362