SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting our Customer Service Department on 1 (805) 529-5682 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at: Lizard Lick Lighting, 3835R E. Thousand Oaks Blvd. #273, Westlake Village, CA 91362
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms & Conditions
SECTION 4 - MAGENTO PAYMENT SECURITY
Our store is hosted on Magento, Inc. (hereafter “Magento”). Magento provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Magento’s data storage, databases and the general Magento application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Magento stores your credit card data. Your credit card details are encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
Magento Secure Payment Bridge assists merchants in meeting PCI compliance with this secure payment application. Implementing Payment Bridge with Magento Enterprise Edition saves online merchants money and time when it comes to complying with PCI requirements.
Magento Secure Payment Bridge is PA-DSS certified by our Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) Trustwave.
Magento makes PCI compliance easier by separating the Magento Secure Payment Bridge application from the eCommerce platform.
There are two important benefits of this design:
- Only the actual payment application has to be certified and compliant – rather than the entire platform.
- Magento Enterprise can be upgraded and customized without affecting the overall PA-DSS compliance provided by Secure Payment Bridge.
ABOUT PCI COMPLIANCE
The PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) was created by the major credit card companies to ensure the adoption of consistent security measures by all merchants.
If a software application stores, transmits or processes sensitive cardholder data the application must be PA-DSS compliant.
- Requires all payment applications be certified by an approved Payment Application-Qualified Security Assessor (PA-QSA), such as Trustwave.
- PA-QSAs are third-party security auditors, certified by the PCI-Security Standards Council (PCI-SCC) to verify that payment applications meet specified security standards.
- PA-DSS payment applications must be implemented in a PCI DSS compliant environment.
Impact of Non-Compliance
- All payment applications must be PA-DSS compliant by July 1, 2010.
- Non-compliance can mean risk of audits or fines or possibly that credit card companies will remove the ability for a merchant to process payments entirely
PCI DSS Standard Requirements
The 12 PCI DSS Standard Requirements broken down into 6 groups:
- Build and Maintain a Secure Network
- REQUIREMENT 1: Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data
- REQUIREMENT 2: Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters
- Protect Cardholder Data
- REQUIREMENT 3: Protect stored cardholder data
- REQUIREMENT 4: Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks
- Maintain a Vulnerability Management Program
- REQUIREMENT 5: Use and regularly update anti-virus software
- REQUIREMENT 6: Develop and maintain secure systems and applications
- Implement Strong Access Control Measures
- REQUIREMENT 7: Restrict access to cardholder data by business need-to-know
- REQUIREMENT 8: Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access
- REQUIREMENT 9: Restrict physical access to cardholder data
- Regularly Monitor and Test Networks
- REQUIREMENT 10: Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data
- REQUIREMENT 11: Regularly test security systems and processes
- Maintain an Information Security Policy
- REQUIREMENT 12: Maintain a policy that addresses information security
It is important to note that while Magento Secure Payment Bridge is a PA-DSS compliant application, it must be implemented in a PCI DSS compliant environment.
For more information on PCI Compliance please visit the PCI SECURITY STANDARDS COUNCIL WEBSITE
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Customer Service Department on 1 (805) 529-5682 or email email@example.com or by mail at: Lizard Lick Lighting, 3835R E. Thousand Oaks Blvd. #273, Westlake Village, CA 91362